This blogpost outlines my current setup for Amazon Fire TV Stick connected to my TV.
- Goto: Settings > My Fire TV > Developer Options and turn on:
- ADB Debugging > ON
- Apps from Unknown sources > ON
Apps that I have installed and use on a regular basis:
- Prime Video
- Disney+ Hotstar
- Spotify (for podcasts)
- Aptoide TV
- Time Netspeed
- Mouse Toggle for Fire TV
- Typhoon TV
I don’t follow News very closely, but when I do, this is how I watch live broadcast of different Indian news channels on my Amazon Fire TV stick.
- NDTV (live) on Youtube
- Aaj Tak (live) on Disney+ Hotstar
- ABP News (live) on Disney+ Hotstar
- Republic TV (live on Disney+ Hotstar
Apps that are installed but I don’t use them much:
- Sony LIV
- Eros Now
- Jio Cinema
- ES File Explorer
- TVF Play
- MX Player
- Hungama Play
- Gaana: I used to use Gaana, but bought a Youtube Music subscription when it was launched in India. Now I keep my playlists on Youtube.
- Audible: I have an Audible subscription, so I can just ask Alexa to play my audiobooks.